Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rejection

Okay, so Belinda came back with a 'thanks but no thanks' form letter; which initially was upsetting, as I'd been making all the other rejections not matter by telling myself the big thing was still out. But on the up side I think it probably did a lot of good, as now I'm going to go agent hunting. Which I wasn't before, because I thought I could handle the marketing thing.

Ho hum. The marketing thing. Well, I'm better at it than I was. I've learnt a couple of tricks and decided that some things just have to be left to try, try and try again. There is more than one thing sold now, and a short list of places I've been published. Nowhere big or impressive, but places have published my stuff and I even have a nice comment next to a piece I can use as a review.

Essentially, however, an agent is what is required. I truly don't have the time I want to write in. There are too many hours put into: 'Who might like this?' 'How does it need to be formatted?' 'How will I re-phrase the covering letter to make it jump out?' and the eternal 'Please, get me out of the slush pile!'

Now I must leave you and investigate Miss Snark on how to woo the agent of my dreams.

No comments: