Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Disturbing Letter

This morning there was a handwritten letter in the post. It was addressed to Teabringer, the handwriting was awful and there was no return address. I opened it (we open each other's mail, it makes everything run more smoothly) . The contents were as follows, in the same handwriting as the envelope (I'm guessing left handed), all capital letters:

May 14th, 2006

Karen Kostich is right on target about people like you.

I googled the name and came up with the letters page where Teabringer last sent something to the Post Dispatch. So the letter I received this morning is non-threatening in content, but very threatening in style. They have our address and all it would take is a glance in the 'phone book to have my name and our phone number.

What would you do?

4 comments:

SixFoot Hobbit said...

Despite the hand writing being atrocious, I can assure you that it wasn't me...

Anonymous said...

Horrible! Just shows what a backward bunch of VERY BAD WORDS these people are. I wouldn't worry, that's what they want. They are just sick cowards who are sad enough to want to crush rationality, free speech and thought everywhere.

SixFoot Hobbit said...

Land of the free, home of the brave...

You've got to take the rough with the smooth...

What you gain on the swings, you lose on the roundabouts...

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction...

I know it doesn't help but I've got an axiom for evey occasion. The Worrier is right. Ignore 'em until they invade your home and then brandish a 1st edition AD&D Monsterous Manual at 'em, they'll be so afraid, they'll never come back.

Anonymous said...

But every possible theory must be taught to our children so they can make an informed decision. Surely in the end they will all see the light and realize that Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is the true way, and they will be touched by His Noodly Appendage! Pastafarians Unite!

Sarcasm through absurdity - gotta love it