Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fermented Pleasures

The garden party was pleasing. I think everyone had fun, I enjoyed myself a great deal. Teabringer set up the BBQ and about 25 people showed up to spend some time here. The nesting cardinals seeme to have dealt fairly well with the intrusion and have waited until today to try and pusuade the fledgling to take flight. The food was great (although we'll be eating leftovers for some time) and the company fantastic.

I made rather a mess of arrangements for today, however. The party wound down at about 1.00am and I got to bed at about 3.30 a little the worse for the fermented pleasures, but with the house cleaned up. We woke at 11.30. There was a hike we were supposed to be on at 10.00, although Teabringer mentioned that we might not be there.

We did make it over to the Graphic Poet's new pad, with he shares with the Guy Who Wants to Illustrate For Me (more on that should it emerge...creative enterprise is always much easier in theory). We chatted with them for a long while; it was great to catch up, although I fear I wasn't at my social best (sorry guys, we'll have brunch and make it up). I left to get to the Mage game in time.

Didn't make the Mage game. I was looking forward to it, I really was...but Teabringer wanted another plant, so we popped over to Sugar Creak, and then I was passing the bookstore and I had been recommended a book I was keen to read, so I picked that up. Then we got home and ate, and I realised that time had vanished and I'd missed the first two hours of the game and I was still half an hour away.

Never mind. I finished the novel and enjoyed it a great deal.

There will be a new short story on Tuesday. It is simmering quietly in the back of my mind.

No comments: