Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tired and happy

I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long. Sleep was more important for a while there.

So Mum came and we went to the NBIA Conference at Union Station. We stayed in the posh hotel there and I went to eat with Mum. There were several seminars at the meal times and I travelled out to the incubators one day. It was interesting enough and good to spend time with Mum, but I am worried that she is doing the work of four people and seeing this as normal. The incubation stuff is only a part of the work that she does and others seemed to be doing half of what she was doing with the incubators as one job. But the motivational speaker was Fred Pryor and he was very good at what he did. In the same seminar he managed to pursuade Mum that she was doing too much and me that I should return to my big projects and focus.

The conference had its main reception at the Botanic Gardens, the gardens were lovely and suprisingly different on Tuesday from what they had been on Saturday (the three of us had headed over there on Mum's spare day). They had thier Chihuly exhibit open for the delegates. It was amazing, beautiful, cheering, namely all the things I had hoped it would be. Give the garden your money. See it. It is worthwhile. I will be going again.

Carbondale on friday was a lot of fun, despite the spontaneous decision to go and my having no real plans for Verity that evening. Games have been smaller lately, which I think leads to better RP, but some are disgruntled about. Last night at StL it was quiet too, wouldn't really have been worth my while had it not been for some good ST interaction - it was so predicatable I could have scripted it. Never mind, Wednesday will be more exciting.

Yesterday was also a concert day. The Welsh chior sang at Florissant Shrine for thier town celebration day. It went well enough, only a small audience in attendence, but we sang quite well. I squeezed in The Wonderful Editing Lady's play reading too. I think it went down well. Lots of people showed up and there was a party atmosphere when I left (although Teabringer, who was at a block party in Alton, was much missed).

Today, I hope, will be peaceful. Gardening, reading, writing and maybe dinner at Frank and Helen's. The garden here is lovely now. Irises are out and almost all the plants we put in are thriving. The only sad thing is that I lost some seedings when the trays flooded in the storms. But not all of them and those that have survived were probably the stonger ones. It saves me having to thin them. Anyone for cherry tomatoes? I have spare plants.

No comments: