Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Editing Draw

I finally faced it today. The last possible thing to do before I absolutly have to get on with the novel. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. But the time I'd sorted it out I had discovered two short stories which were essentially done and I'd forgotten I'd written and the rest wasn't too painful at all. Between tonight (when I intend to do that getting up in the middle of the night to work thing, the only solution in this heat) and tomorrow, I hope to have everything I possibly can out. So I have no excuses. No draw of editing, no 'I could just do some marketing'. I think it will come to about 13 stories of various quality, genre and length to go out in the next couple of days (some of these are re-sends). That should take me to about 20 out. Someone has to give in at some point.

The plan for next week is to get the editing and formatting done on Black's Magic so I can send the first 23,000 words to Sun Junkie, who I hope will be joining the small group when we get back together again. Then I'm going to aim for 1000 words a day (in slightly less than NaNoWriMo fashion). I really want to see the end of this and get it out into the market. Having read some synopsis, however, I am determined to re-write my own. This may be the first task I give myself as I think it will help structurally.

For now, I'm looking forward to a night on the Hill with Teabringer this evening, and a day's dress shopping and movie watching with a good friend on Tuesday. With any luck all this marketing may buy me the new summer dress I crave to help cope with the unbearable hotness.

There may be something for WUTA on Tuesday, but I doubt it.

No comments: