Friday, March 10, 2006

Bad events improved by good friends

I'm ill. It's not serious, my brain hurts and my voice is a little wanting. I can still function, just not well. This, I suspect, is the third thing. It is always said (by whom, I wonder; I have this picture in my head of a small grey squirrel talking to me while I sleep, saying 'it is said...' over and over) things come in threes.

The first bad thing was on Wednesday. I was driving down the interstate and the tire that I had decided had a slow puncture the day before blew out in spectacular fashion. I was fine and held the car to the hard shoulder. Thank you to my father for imparting his driving skills to me, they prevented what would have been a major accident. Rifling about in the boot (yes, it's a boot not a trunk) for the donught and the jack a guy pulled up behind me and offered to change the tire for me. Thank the gods for 4" heels. I took advantage of his offer with only minimal guilt. I had to call at three garages before I found someone with the tire in stock (no, I'm not driveing a porche, I was just unlucky). It took three hours to get it sorted, but the car is happier now.

The second bad thing was only minor and mildly humerous. I am wearing one earring. This is becasue I took them out for about 24 hours and tried to put some more in. The left one went in fine and I put the back on. The right one wouldn't go in at all. I tried to take the left one out and discovered I couldn't get the back off. I need to go to a professional so they can mock me and fix the problem. But not today, I'm too sick to deal with it, its not like I'm going out in public anytime soon.

But on the bright side I had a great lunch with Anarkey and once I got the tire fixed a lot of fun at game on Wednesday, Verity is doing well. I went out with Precious Sublime yesterday and we ate Sushi and looked at the leak in his roof. We were going to fix it, but we just looked at it and got a new tarp to try and have a temporary solution. I had a lot of fun. The Poetry Doctor called this morning to read me poems too, they were great (as ever), I was only sorry that I wasn't more coherent for him.

It's been too wet to do the seeds. I was itching to deal with it until this morning.

I know there's a problem with the RSS feed, I'm going to try and fix that now. More tea, methinks.

No comments: