Friday, March 24, 2006

Where to begin?

Seeds are up! The nasturtiums are growing quite merrily in the window boxes and hanging baskets, I have more than there ought to be in such a small space so I will have to take a deep breath and thin them in a couple of weeks. Teabringer and I are going to go out and do some more seeding over the weekend. It's wonderful seeing things come up.

My throat is very, very sore and I'm hoping that the tonsilitis which has plauged me for years isn't raising its ugly head in a country with such expensive healthcare. I'm going to nurse myself a little today (dangerous, given my tendency toward clumsy) and probably excuse myself from COG tonight, although this annoys me because they are new friends and I don't want to let them down.

Last night was wierd, possibly due to being ill; I had very vivid dreams about pregnancy. First Lillian hatched an egg and I ended up with 3 budgerigars (one green, two blue), two cockatils and a barn owl (I have no idea where the latter came from, only budgies came from budgies), flying around my parent's main hall. Then I was pregnant (and disturbed that I didn't know when the pregnancy began) and at the Carbondale gamesite crossed with a service station on the M6 (Annandale water if you know it). I thought I was giving birth, but I couldn't work out if I had been pregnant long enough. All sorts of people were there, but no one you might expect (Teabringer was missing along with any family from either side). It was deeply disturbing and has rather put me off what I'm supposed to be doing this morning.

I'm supposed to be finishing the short story I was mid-way through at WUTA (Hawk House) to take to the meeting at lunchtime, so it could be edited and I can line up some stuff to go back out on the marketing circuit. This needs to hapen ASAP as I now have three stories that are nagging to be written:

1) Tails of Grace
2) The Lost Word
3) Getting a Life

Any preferences? 1 and 3 will be Dark Fantasy (1 much darker than 3), 2 is still a concept waiting to be built on (I haven't had a florishing moment with it since its conception). Where to begin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! - First mention of Annandale.