Monday, March 06, 2006

Singing Solo

The Conductress called last night and asked me to sing solo at the concert on the 18th, the chior is better, but a little short of enough numbers to make the hour mark. I'm somewhat short of rehersal time given that I have yet to chose what I'm going to sing. Ah well, it's a compliament that they asked me (even if it's just to fill time) and I'll have something together in time. Even if I don't it's at Chaumette Vineyard, so the audience will be a little tiddly. They'll also be a free reception afterwards. If you're interested kick off is at 3.00pm.

Went to the botanic gardens over the weekend. We got all the seeds, so I'm going to try and get the digging and planting done over the next week or so. Try some more direct sewing than I did last year, as well as some new stuff: cucumber, some different chillies and tomatoes, basil, parsley, chives, lettuce (even if the bugs get it) and some Nasturtiums to brighten the salads. Fingers crossed I have as much sucess as last year.

I also started a little spring cleaning. Truth be told, I don't have much stamina for it, but it will be done, especially with both mothers visiting next month. I've also been trying to catch up with my letter writing. I finished a couple yesterday. Writing one was particularly hard and I now regret sending it. How does one withdraw a letter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Planting seeds? Good grief! All the ground's covered in a foot of snow up here in North Britain...