Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Shopping

I like shopping. Some have even said I'm good at it. Others have paid me to do it. But the fact remains that I still cannot shop for clothes for myself in this country.

Rant to follow:

I needed a new long black skirt for the gig at the weekend. Simple task, no? Except I still haven't discovered what dress size I am here. I know I'm at least two sizes smaller than I am in the UK, but this is actually sometimes four sizes smaller. This is understandable, my size fluctuates from shop to shop at home (this is why I love Chocolate Muffin, for she makes things that fit me perfectly first time). But here my size fluctuates in the same store and sometimes even on the same rail. Is it unreasonable to want to walk to your size and buy something off the rail without spending hours trying on?

Oh, and while I'm at it; I love shopping minions (the people who are 'only too happy to help'), but why are there either six of them plauging you when you're only browsing or none at all until you've lost your temper and are leaving?

I found a skirt in the end. I caved and went to Lord and Taylor. At least they had a sale on.

Oh...and I have two earrings again. Yes, they can both be removed.

No comments: