Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cleaning and Sorting

The basement looks great. It is finally clean and clear of all the junk. The bulk collection was supposed to be today, but ominously the stuff is still outside, lent against the dumpsters (they somehow managed to empty the dumpsters without disturbing it, I'd love to know how). Teabringer had an enjoyable hour hitting the concrete sink with a sledgehammer (quote "The world seems much less permanent when you have one of these), and a slightly less enjoyable couple of hours removing the rubble. I cleaned, big style, and wrote a horror story based upon cleaning experience (avalible upon application, I'm not putting it up here because it might do for money at a later date).

On a less positive note the plumber is coming back tomorrow. The leak from the upstairs bathroom doesn't look good. On the bright side it's leaking into the downstairs shower, so at least the water is draining away, but all the same, the ceiling doesn't look happy and if the 'easy' solution, to be implimented tomorrow, doesn't work then it's going to be take the ceiling down time.

There was a fire this morning. Some of you know my feelings about fires. Lots of fire engines, many, many people and it looks like a house may have been lost. It was on my street, less than half a block away. The fire department were quick to come. There was horrible yellow smoke for a time. I'm trying not to dwell.

I had lunch with Altongal today, we had fun, but I missed Anarky. Altongal is interested in joining the Mage LARP. She hasn't LARPed before, but has done lots of tabletop, so she'll be a good addition.

For now I must go and tell the Nice Young Man not to mow over the crocuses...

No comments: