Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Clubbing in America

Last night was to be my fist clubbing experience. We were supposed to be going to Club Europe downtown for thier Goth night. It was a birthday party. We got dressed up, we showed up, and we found thirty or so people milling about outside looking (as the homeless guy put it later), like devil worshippers. We sat in the car and waited for someone to open the door. And we waited, and waited...

Fourty minutes (yes, I know, my patience had worn out) later all the people outside the club decide to go to Rue 13 (friends in adversity etc.). It's an interesting place, the decor is loud and they have a fantastic sushi bar. Also a few pool tables at the back. I find I'm less good at the sitting drinking and listening to loud music thing than I was, so distractions are important to me. They also had a girl doing acrobatics. She was quite good at winding herself around various suspended devices. The drinks were two for one as well.

But I still haven't been clubbing in America. And I wore my dancing shoes too.

1 comment:

SixFoot Hobbit said...

Clubbing, a bit pointless. Expensive booze, you have to pay to get in and you can't have a conversation as the music's too loud to hear anything. Clubbing? You can keep it!