Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend

I had a nice weekend. Very nice actually. Teabringer and I went to the cheese and wine shop in Clayton and discovered they were having a wine tasting. This was great, especially as we had thoughts about going to the wine festival, but it was out in Westport and I would have to drive and still pay the entry fee. We got nice things to have a great dinner with.

This is possibly the only place where I can confess to reading four Star Trek novels consecutively and say I enjoyed them. To those who offered me more Peter David I say aye...but I should probably wait a couple of weeks so as to not overdose. I'm also still reading 'How to Wear High Heels', a book of glorious tips on being a modern woman which makes me laugh on a fairly regular basis. And 'The Art of Deception'. One response to me telling this final book to a freind was, "You're reading that? You're the last person who needs to read a book like that. We're all doomed." Probably not all in all, but it is interesting social engineering and I have written a short story using some of the theory.

I watched Sleepy Hollow last night. I was fantastially pleased by it. The plot was unpredicatble, not totally unpredicatible, but I couldn't tell you how the end would come about within half an hour of the film starting. Thank you for recommending it. You know who you are. And yes, I'm still worried about you.

I have lots to do this week, but it's sunny and cold and I am happy to be where I am. The world is a kind place.

3 comments:

SixFoot Hobbit said...

If you can find it, I recommend "How much for just the planet?" by John M Ford. It's the only Trek book I advise people to read.

John said...

As one who has read a lot of ST novels, and has a few shelves devoted to the books at home, I really can only recommend those written by Peter David to casual fans of the show.

After awhile I was just buying the books and putting them on the shelf as a collector, and only reading PAD's contributions. When I fully admitted to myself I was doing this I stopped buying them entirely.

Anonymous said...

Sleepy Hollow is just such a fantastic and beautiful film. I'm glad you liked it.

Sister in law