Sunday, February 19, 2006

Pastimes and Printers

Last night I went to see Good Night, And Good Luck. It was an okay film. It could have been a great film. I came out thinking 'I didn't like that' but on mulling it over, it was just okay. It was fragmented. It had too many charaters. It didn't approach the interesting subject matter as comprehensivly as it should have done in such a large space of time. Bah. But at least I didn't go to sleep.

On a more positive note Teabringer and I got a new printer yesterday. The old one had finally croaked after five years of loyal service, and given that the error message was 'mechanical error, replacement part required, see dealer for deatils', I thought I might stop prolonging the agony.

So we now have a new laser printer. The printer costs less than cartridges at the moment, as the printer is on offer (the cartrages weren't too unbearable, but anyway). We got the printer and a cartridge only to discover that there was a cartridge in it already. That means it's cheaper to buy a new printer each time than get replacement ink. Anyone else feel the world has gone mad?

I also went to C'dale on Friday night to play the new PC. I had lots of fun and she should be great to play. You will hear more of her as time goes on; her name is Verity and she came in with a PC sire. It was mostly the PC sire that made her so much fun to play. Thanks Vendrick.

I'm off to try a new game of Mage tonight, should be a great deal of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as the printer issue goes, I feel your pain. When parts for something cost more than the thing as a whole, the time has come for certain people in charge of pricing such items to take a long walk off of a short pier.

So you went to c-dale huh? what time did you leave? and good job on the new PC, just get her on the rant list now. Hopefully my Brujah can meet yours at the eville event, depending on whether or not I get to play my toreador. Have fun at Mage.

Trevor

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Ink Blog. it is cool to!